Friday, 6 November 2015

Nest research

After having a class discussion we decided that the calendar would be more effective if it was a desk calendar because of all of the activities included, this way it will be a lot easier for children to pick up the calendar and play with it. We have been asked to do some research and find the kind of style of the calendar we could use therefore I went onto vistaprint and went straight to the desk calendar section. The only problem I found was that you can only add a photo onto the calendar, there is no way of being able to put your print design onto it. 

I have been searching the internet to find a website that isn't too expensive and allows you to put the full original design onto the calendar and so far I can't find any that doesn't have their own theme, I will continue to research however if there isn't anything we may have to consider other cheap ways of printing onto card. 



What activities will the calendar include? 

  • Dot to dot
  • Maze
  • Puzzles
  • Word search
  • Colouring page
Themes

We will use a bird as a mascot which will be included on each page, this will allow the children to familiarise themselves with the calendar. We thought it will be a good idea if the bird had a speech bubble with the instructions for the activities on each page. 


Here is a potential design I have created using InDesign, I stuck to the branding guidelines, for example I have used the two colours they asked for and the fonts. My design is quite simplistic and I thought that colouring in half of the boxes on the inside of the calendar would make it slightly more interesting and eye catching. I have not added the logo onto the inside page however obviously it will be shown on the calendar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment