Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Font

During this lesson we looked at being creative with free fonts. Our teacher spoke about DaFont, this is a website with many different fonts, each font shows the various rights the authors are allowing you therefore you need to be carful that you are sticking to the correct copyright rules.


A powerpoint we looked at taught us about some history of the printing press and how in order to print font you had to take control. We looked at photocopying which is a way of putting things together using hand-made or generated graphics. I found it interesting finding more about photocopying, for example I didn't realised that you can actually photocopy absolutely anything as long as you can get it onto the class. Using this printing press method we can be as creative as possible and create our own custom fonts using any object. The example shown on the powerpoint were a group of fish being put into the shape of an N, I like this idea because it topic for your product had a relation to fish, this shows you have put in a lot of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment