Used to capture the attention of users for posters and brochures. Some of the swiss style elements can be used to design a web page using grids, white spaces, a defined structure and sans-serif fonts.
Grid lines form the foundation of the design, it works as a framework for the designers to organise their information to make it look presentable. When the grids are used, it gives a defined structure to the page and makes it a lot easier to group the related information.
The right amount of white space at the right place can create a good first impression and will make the viewer want to look at the page for longer, allowing them to read the information. Swiss artists are well-known for the minimalistic design.
The right amount of white space at the right place can create a good first impression and will make the viewer want to look at the page for longer, allowing them to read the information. Swiss artists are well-known for the minimalistic design.
A lot of contrast between type size is very popular within swiss style and most artists prefer to use the sans-serif typefaces to give a sense of clarity and universality to the design.
Using grid lines I had a go at beginning to create my own swiss style poster, I used the lines on the grid to determine where I could put each text box, I made sure I kept the boxes within the lines and I used a variety of different font sizes to make the simplistic design look more interesting.



No comments:
Post a Comment