Friday, 20 November 2015

Typography

In todays lesson we have looked into the type basics, we were given a worksheet to work from and had to fill in the missing words to the following sentences:


  • A centred paragraph has a rag on both sides.


  • A flush left paragraph has a rag on the right side.


  • A flush right paragraph has a rag on the left side.


  • A justified paragraph does not have a rag.


  • Paragraphs that have a long line length made the reader's eyes tired by the time they reach the end.


  • Justifying a paragraph that has a short line length creates rivers.


  • Leading is the space between each line of type.


  • Tracking is the space between each letter in a word.


  • Kering is adjusting the space between two letters in a word. 


  • Make sure to leave nice margins on your page.



After this we moved onto our next task, I was given some helvetica text and was asked to use the character pad on InDesign to be creative with the type and make it more interesting to read. We also learnt about hierarchy therefore I made sure I added weight and changed size of the type that was more important and that I felt should catch the readers eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment