"An 18 year old Digital Publishing student with an interest in the creativity of a variety of different paltforms of media."
I began to look at a couple on onlie portfolios, firstly I was drawn towards Adhemas Barista's website. He uses his passion for exploring vibrant colourful concepts to put his own twist on the brands logos. A white background is used to contrast with the colours used. I have noticed that this particular online portfolio looks very similar to the social networking site, Tumblr. Tumblr is a popular microblogging website designed for creative self-expression, Adhemas Barista uses the same design to show off his work. The portfolio only uses a small amount of text which is similar to the previous one I looked at, personally I think this works because the main focus is the art however, on the top bar of the page there is an 'about me' link which leads onto another page telling the story about his life, work and inspiration. The grey font is quite dull which is completely different to the colourful main page however I feel as though that was clever because it looks more professional and doesn't clash with the vibrant colours. The navigation bar also includes his social media sites, this allows him to show off more of his personality.
His logo shows Adhemas' initials in a simple style which I believe is key for a logo because that way is clearly states who you are without being to fancy which could easily confuse the viewer.
Although I was originally drawn to a bold and colourful website, I began to look into a few that I liked the topic of. I stumbled accross Drew Tewksbury's online portfolio, he is a cultural journalist, editior, photographer, and occasional radio and documentary producer. Considering I am hoping to study journalism and media communications in more depth when I go to universtiy, I found it fascinating reading about the work he has previously done and what up and coming projects he will be working on.
The website is extremely simple with a lot of white space which looks makes the website look polished. The minimalistic theme is perfect for a journlist because it makes the writting standout whereas if the subject of the webside was art I would expect a busier and more colourful design.
I wouldn't neccasaraly say that Drew has created a logo, it is placed serperatly to the rest of the site however it is the same font as the rest of the text.


Nice to see where you are getting inspiration from. Your intro statement is descriptive but to the point, I think you're on the right track.
ReplyDelete