Today I have started to think about what I will do for my FMP. Straight away I wanted to link my idea with topics I will be studying at the University I am hoping to go to. Media and Communications is the course I have applied for which is linked to representations within the industry and multiculturalism, I'll admit that I haven't previously studied these topics in much detail however I would love to learn more about them therefore I believe that it will give me motivation to do as well as I possibly can and it will allow me to prepare myself for certain topics that I will study.
I am currently undecided on the platform of the project however I would like the overall project to be mainly text therefore I have been considering making an ebook, I have recently made an ebook in college which was about my favourite European cities, I enjoyed doing this task however I sometimes find it difficult to use InDesign to a high ability however for the FMP we have a considerably longer time to complete my work so I have a lot of time to practise my skills.
I have always had an interest in learning about representation within the media, I would love to think that one day individuals will be encouraged to overcome stereotypes such as gender, race, class sexual orientation and age. After realising that this is the potential topic I would like to base the project on I began to think that I could possibly make a website to engage people the topic. I looked online and found a website that I would love to take inspiration from: http://therepresentationproject.org/
I love the fact that this is a movement and allows people to donate in order to make a big difference. Being able to create something similar to this would be a big achievement, I like the idea of possibly making my own branded website on the topic. As I have previously said, making an ebook is another one of my ideas. The book be could persuasive and factual based on media representations.
In a one to one meeting with my tutor we discussed my original idea, he asked me how much I knew about my topic and if I felt passionate enough about it to spend the rest of my time at college working on this particular project. This made me realise that I should spend more time thinking about what I am interested in and how I could come up with a creative product that is different to the others. Product design is something that came up in our discussion, we spoke about my interest in health and fitness which then lead onto the topic of creating a shoe box for some trainers. Originally I thought this was a strange idea, I wondered what I could do to make a shoe box interesting and different to others.

No comments:
Post a Comment