I began to ask Abbie basic questions about herself to get some background information, for example her age and where she is from, then I subtly began to ask her about the topic we were discussing. An interview will only be interesting if we manage to analyse situations that are funny or particularly intriguing. Previous to this task we had a lesson on how to dig deeper into the topic you are discussing, for example following up a question with 'how did that make you feel' or beginning the sentence with 'tell us about', this allows the person you're interviewing to go into detail with their answers which makes the job of interviewing a lot easier.
Considering some of the answers had a clear relation to the question I decided to do a question and answer article. This technique makes the article easy for the audience to read and understand however, being the writer of the article I had to make sure that the quotes I used were actually what Abbie said with no added exaggeration.
Overall I enjoyed this task because we were able to experience what it is like to take part in a professional interview, it also made me realise how important it is to get the key information out of the person being interviewed because after the interview you shouldn't wanting to be double checking for factual information because depending on who they are there's no way of contacting them again.
No comments:
Post a Comment