Friday, 26 February 2016

Logo re-brand

I have been given the task re-brand a logo of our choice, this means choosing a logo and considering how I can change it to make it more successful for the brand. I will be looking at the NASA Logo (also known as the meatball).

NASA stands for National Aeronautics and Space Adminitstration. This is the United States government agency that is responsible for science and technology related to air and space.

The sphere shape represents a planet, the stars represent space, the red chevron is a wing representing aeronautics and then there is an orbiting spacecraft going around the ring.

The logo is recognisable and people will easily be able to relate it to the brand therefore I was slightly apprehensive because changing a logo can either put the consumers off the company or it can engage them further. The reason I am planning on re-branding the NASA logo is because it has been the same for such a long time and I think that it is time for a change.

Here is the design I came up with, I made sure that the re-brand was similar to the original because of how well known the classic logo is. The font I have used is slightly different however it is as bold and clear. As soon as I was given the NASA logo to re-brand I knew that I wanted to turn the shape into the outline of Saturn and that why I have included an orbit. Although the original logo is a clear representation of NASA I believe my re-brand has an obvious link to space.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is good, the typeface works great with the Nasa brand and the simplified elements will make it easier for them to apply the logo to clothing and other elements. The white band is the only thing that is a bit distracting, wonder if there is a different way to treat that area. Overall nice job though, think it's an upgrade to what they're currently using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is good, the typeface works great with the Nasa brand and the simplified elements will make it easier for them to apply the logo to clothing and other elements. The white band is the only thing that is a bit distracting, wonder if there is a different way to treat that area. Overall nice job though, think it's an upgrade to what they're currently using.

    ReplyDelete