Friday, 26 February 2016

Personal Branding Typography and Colour


I started off by designing my personal logo, it took me a while to find one that stood out from the rest and perfectly represents me. I really liked the simplistic style and the black and white colour scheme, the polar opposite colours make the overall design look polished and presentable. The colour scheme allows me to swap round the colours, for example on one business card I can have a black background with white typography and visa versa. Bright colours are known for making an impression and standing out however I believe that considering black and white are contrasting colours, they leave just as much of an impact.

One font is used throughout my personal brand other than the logo because I drew that freehand. Having the same font allows the audience to recognise the consitency of the brand and it gives an overall proffessional finish. The typography is subtle yet smart which fits perfectly with the colour scheme.




1 comment:

  1. This turned out well, the hand drawn logo looks organic and the final flow of the ib is very nice. Your supporting font choice is good, I think the top part of your CV might be a bit too big, it dominates the page and may distract from the content. The white and black work well, although adding one accent colour might work nice with the brand as it continues to be applied to elements.

    ReplyDelete