I have been given the task to come up with and write a children's story with the title 'The Reluctant Pea'. Considering this was the only information I was given I decided to interpret it in my own way; the target audience are young children, perhaps around the age of 5, to make the interactive book relate to the children I have decided to make the story line about the young pea being reluctant to go to primary school for the first time. The children reading the book will soon be starting school or maybe they have already started therefore they will be able to sympathise with the pea.
The idea of the story is to highlight how the pea is originally frightened about the first day of secondary school, he doesn't want to get out of bed and get ready for school however when he gets there he realises that everyone feels nervous as well and eventually he makes a bunch of friends and begins to fit in and enjoy himself.
The reason I wanted to make this the topic of my story is because everyone has to have their first day at school and it is a scary time when you're young and reliant on parents so although I'm using a pea to demonstrate a nervous school boy/girl, it can allow the children to realise that they're not alone.
I have drawn out a rough copy of my storyboard. This gives an idea of how the story will be told.


This is a good post. But where is the link to the finished item?
ReplyDelete