Wednesday, 7 October 2015

UWE trip


College organised a trip to University of the West of England, I was quite excited about this because I have already decided that I would like to go to university when I finish college however I hadn't been to any open days before this. A journalism lecturer kindly showed us around the media department and explained what they teach on their journalism course, I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of professional equipment they had, I especially liked the room set up for radio. Previously when I thought of journalism I didn't understand how many different aspects the course would cover, for example there's a lot of moving image and other practical work which is good because it gives the students the chance to explore the course to find out what they enjoy the most. The lecturers we met were extremely enthusiastic about what they teach which I believe is important because it rubs off onto the students.
Considering this was the first University I visited it made me realise how excited and motivated I am to study an undergraduate course, the course I would like to study is communications and media because it focuses on the theory side of media. Although I really enjoyed this trip to UWE and thought the courses they run are fantastic I would like the look at other university's around the country to find the one right for me, I have quite a lot of open days booked that I can look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment