Monday, 19 October 2015

Hand made letters

After experimenting with hand made marks, letters and using other techniques I decided that I would like to create something that has a meaning therefore I really like the idea of freedom of speech. I began to think of ways to that I could display that through my work and suddenly I thought of drawing an outline of a river and filling it with letter stamps, firstly I practised this on a smaller piece of paper, I liked the outcome however I decided that my work didn't really show the real meaning I was trying to get across so I came up with the quote "words can flow" and within the random lettering in the river I have created that sentence with the stamps. I like the subtle outcome but there is also clear meaning being shown. I cut out the finished letter river and placed it onto a black background just to make it stand out a bit more and add more depth, as well as that I created a title which is "words can flow' I also used letter stamps to create this.
Overall I am pleased with my finished project, using a metaphor to demonstrate the meaning behind the project shows that I have thought about it in depth. If I were to do this again I would try to think of different ways that use hand made letters, for example I could use sponge letters as the could add to the effect and make the end result look more artistic.

1 comment:

  1. This was a superb piece of work that both earned it's place in the show and was appreciated.

    ReplyDelete