Friday, 9 October 2015

Letterpress Infographic




Letterpress is the topic of my infographic, I have included the positives and negatives of letterpress and the process. When planning the infographic I was struggling to think of a way to use an image to demonstrate the topic however I decided that I could create a wheel from a letterpress machine as a way of sharing the information.

I made sure not to include too many colours otherwise it can appear quite overwhelming therefore I chose to use pastel colours as well as brown for the wheel and the title. I like the main two colours I have used as they are quite subtle however they do stand out from the rest of the page.

I have used arrows to communicate the process, this allows the reader to follow the page and understand what I am giving information about. When deciding what font to use, I took a lot consideration because the infographic looks quite busy I didn't want to go over the top so I went for helvetica, I believe this way the infographic looks professional. 

1 comment:

  1. Your colours look work well together and your font choice is nice and simple which is good. You have a very detailed description but possibly a bit too much type, would be good to break up the facts into shorter bits, and possibly have the words you've chosen to highlight stand out more.

    ReplyDelete