I stumbled across this online portfolio for a design and illustration company. I was drawn to this particular website because of the simplicity of the design, I like the discrete beige and pastel pallet used which makes the website look more professional and the amount of whitespace makes it classy.
Looking through the portfolio at the work advertised I noticed that there is a lack of text which I believe is good as it just leaves you to focus on the main product. There is a little bit of text at the top covering the key information. The font is also very small leaving the rest of the space for the images.
On the left hand side of the page is the navigation in very small font however it is easy enough for the viewer to see and understand. I like this because it fits in with the theme of the portfolio, for example if the text was large and bold it would take over the site and distract the viewer from the elegance of the simplistic design.
On the right hand side of the page includes the icons of social media sites, they are easily accessible. They are not very big however it works because the rest of the typography is like that. As well as those, looking at the navigation bar there is a tumblr and pinterest link which depicts the importance of the social media sites for the company.

No comments:
Post a Comment